Love, In Spanish (Love, In English #2) by Karina Halle






The companion to the highly emotional, scandalous and USA Today Bestselling love story - LOVE, IN ENGLISH - is finally here! Love, in Spanish is a Love, in English follow-up novel told from Mateo Casalles' POV. While Love, in Spanish touches on some events that happened in LIE (you know the ones!) it is a whole new story set a year later that continues with Vera and Mateo's "happily ever after." Note: It should be read after Love, in English and it is mostly new material (aka not just rehash of LIE).

***

“She sat beside me on the bus – and she changed my whole life.”

Successful, wealthy and absurdly handsome – Spanish ex-football player Mateo Casalles seemed like he had it all. A high-society wife, an adorable little girl, and flashy apartments in Madrid and Barcelona only sweetened the deal. But there was more to Mateo than met the eye – a life of uncertainty and regret that colored his black and white world.

That was until Vera Miles came into his life like a shooting star. Tattooed, wild and young, Vera seemed like Mateo’s polar opposite at first. But you can’t choose who you fall in love with and the two lost souls did everything they could to be together, all while suffering the grave consequences.

Now with Mateo divorced and living in Madrid with Vera, there is a whole new set of challenges and setbacks facing the couple and rocking the foundation of their star-crossed relationship.

Unfortunately for them, the brighter the star, the faster they burn.

***Love, in Spanish contains the first two chapters of Where Sea Meets Sky, a full-length Love, in English spinoff starring Vera's brother, Josh Miles, coming March 2015 from Atria Books***
 

5 Dios mío stars! 

Love in Spanish was one of the most anticipated books of the year for me. I can't describe my delight when I got my hands on this wonderful sequel. 

I know many people disliked the first one, mostly because Mateo was a married man when he met Vera and maybe others because of their age difference. I can't say I like cheating stories, but I was convinced with theirs. They fought against it until the very end and I loved their romance, so for me Mateo is a great book boyfriend. [Can't say Isabel would agree with me , but oh well xD]

In Love In Spanish, we see Mateo's POV & how their story continues for them a year later. This book made me fall all over him again. I can't imagine a person reading his thoughts and love for Vera and not feeling jealousy or affection for him. 

“You are my everything,” I say, lips moving against hers.
“I’ve said it before and I will say it again, and I’ll go to my grave saying it. You are my star, my light, my love. And it doesn’t matter if you believe in it or not because it is the truth and the truth always finds a way to shine.” 


Their journey was tormenting. The storm was raging above their heads non stop, in a point that until the very end of the book you get panicked that they won't get their HEA. It was so heartbreaking, being able to read Mateo's feelings behind every obstacle in their way. And his letter..God, it tore me apart!! Also, it gave me a few explanations about some facts on their previous book, so I was glad to see his POV through this letter. 

I love Karina's writing so much. She's definitely one of my favorite writers and I will keep reading whatever she writes. I'm so grateful for this sequel. I can't thank her enough. 
God, their ending was so beautiful! I think it was the perfect ending for their story!

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις