Oblivion by Jessica Wood





I wake up to a life and a man that I can’t remember.

He says his name is Connor Brady—the tall, sexy CEO of Brady Global, Inc.

He says my name is Olivia Stuart, and that I was recently in an accident and lost my memory.

Also, he says I’m his fiancé.

Although I don’t remember Connor, or anything about my past, something about him seems familiar. He is kind, protective, and breathtakingly-gorgeous. But there is just one problem—he seems too perfect.

As I begin to rebuild my relationship with Connor and accept the idea that I may never remember my past, I unexpectedly meet Ethan James.

Ethan is the mysterious, rebellious stranger who pushes my boundaries to their limits and makes me feel alive. As our lives collide time and time again, the bits and pieces of my past start to unravel, unearthing the secrets that have been buried deep inside my subconscious. With every new memory I gain about my past, I become more torn between the man who is my fiancé and the stranger who is the key to my past. Is my life with Connor really as perfect as he leads me to believe?

** 5 Oblivious Stars ** 

Oblivion was a book that surprised me quite pleasantly. At first I was drown to this novel by its beautiful cover. Because let's face it, covers sometimes affects us. Like a handsome man, you can't ignore them if they step in front of you. But what made me actually give this book a chance, was the blurb. I don't know why, but it sounded quite interesting and unlike any other book I've ever read. 

At first when I was reading it, I got the vibes from 'The Vow' by Nicholas Sparks. But as I was reading it, I realized that it was so much more and so different from that. I must admit that while I was reading it, I thought that it would be another predictable story, but even though there was something that I predicted, I was mindblown by another incident in the book that left me speechless. I love it when authors have the ability to prove you wrong. I bow down to those who can surprise me and Jessica Wood did this.

Back to the story. 

Olivia Stuart [Liv] had an accident and she lost her memory. After being hit by a car, she wakes up in a hospital with amnesia and a man on her side tells her that he's her fiance. They used to work together in his company, with him being her boss. They tell her that she was a workaholic like him, but now the doctors said that she should rest and take it slow, with the possibility to reclaim her memories in time. The day that she's about to get out of the hospital she meets a charming guy, Ethan, who hits on her instantly, not backing out, even when she tells him that she's engaged.


As the weeks pass, Liv is struggling with her broken memories, flashbacks mostly of her childhood and the day of her accident. Piece by piece the memories are coming back to her. Meanwhile, she tries to understand what kind of person she used to be and if she has changed ever since she lost her memory.




She's also struggling to feel love again for her fiance, Connor, who's been nothing but gentle and patient with her, since she woke up from the coma and she appreciates that, but is it enough, when he's never around, making it obvious that his work is his number one priority? And what happens when she meets Ethan again and he challenges her, making her feel more alive than she felt since the day she woke up from her coma?


I really enjoyed Liv's character. She wasn't the whiny kind of girl, who would cry over her loss of memories. She wanted to be independent and not count on Connor's money or services. When she didn't want something, she would say it. She really tried throughout the book to make wise and reasonable choices and I admired her for that. She didn't want to hurt anyone and she was kind and thoughtful. 


"I found myself torn between two men: the caring and protective fiancé who I had no memory of, and the rebellious and surprisingly-sweet stranger who made me question who I once was." 


I was struggling along with her, since after her accident it was like she was being reborn. How can you go back to the person you used to be if you have hardly any memories of that? I was feeling for Connor, for Liv and for Ethan. I don't want to say anything more, because I hate to spoil and I'm afraid I already said too much.


I think people should give this story a chance, because it was quite challenging, considering that it made me feel for everyone, gave me food for thought, I loved the flashbacks, I loved the mystery and the suspense and like I said, it surprised me with a plot twist that I did not see coming. Even if you hate love triangle stories, I believe you're gonna enjoy this one.



Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις