Deliver (Deliver #1) by Pam Godwin






*** This is a love story, a romantic thriller, and a stand-alone (no cliff-hanger). Warning: Graphic sex, violence, and psychological abuse. Age 18+ only. ***

His name was Joshua Carter. Now it's whatever she wants it to be.

She is a Deliverer.

She lures young men and delivers them to be sold. She delivers the strikes that enforce their obedience. She delivers the sexual training that determines their purchase price. 

As long as she delivers, the arrangement that protects her family will hold. 

Delivering is all she knows.

The one thing she can't deliver is a captive from slavery.

Until him.

And her stubborn slave thinks he can deliver her...from herself. 


5 breathtaking stars 


Well, I finished this book a few hours ago and I have to say that this was an intense story. Wow. What an amazing ride. I want to thank mrs. Godwin for her writing style, her ability to make unpredictable characters that were both likeable & hateable at the same time & her talent in keeping a story in suspense and giving us twists and turns that we couldn't predict. I mean seriously,  thumbs up! 

This story is about Joshua Carter, a young man who has been raised by a strictly religious family, in a farm, following religious studies , while being a popular athlete. He is kind, always offers help without an exchange and that's what puts him under Liv's claws.. 

"He represented purity, beauty, family, all of the things that had been taken from her. He was a glimmer of goodness in her dark fucking world, a warm spark she could hold, if only for a fleeting span of time." 

Liv is the Deliverer. The Mistress. She captures boys and girls , trains them to become her sex slaves and then she delivers them to people who buy them. She's going to have a problem with Josh, her most unteachable slave. Both lives are about to be changed.. 

"He flailed between hating her, wanting her, fighting her, and praying for her. And through it all was the incessant urge to screw her." 

Van is Liv's right hand. I'm not going to say more about him, since I don't want to spoil anything, but they have a unique kind of relationship. Most people would probably hate him right away, but I liked his character. What can I say? I have a thing for bad boys.. 

How did one sum up morally, mentally, aesthetically, and theoretically damaged? “Fucked up.” 

The storyline was quite interesting & intense. It kept me reading , waiting impatiently to see what's gonna happen next. I didn't want to put the book down! Damn real life for making me pause every now and then! Lol, seriously though, it was a crazy ride andI LOVED IT! You really can't predict what's gonna happen next, there is also character development, you can understand what's the reason behind everything that's happening, especially towards the end.

God’s will led him to that house, but it was love that bound him within its walls. He was born with choices and would die with his decisions. 

The characters aren't easy to read, they are complicated creatures, but you get a good idea of why they think the way they do and why they act this way. I'm too tempted to give hints, but I'm not going to spoil it for you. I'm just going to say that you should read it! I highly recommend it & Pam's writing has made me officially her fan. And god her sex scenes...SO FREAKING HOT! I'm definitely going to read more from her in the future. 


Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις