Animate Me by Ruth Clampett **Review**




She seemed far beyond his reach…could love draw them together?
For years shy animator Nathan has carried a torch for Brooke, the beautiful and dynamic Director of Development at their animation studio, even creating B-Girl, a comic-book heroine in her likeness. When a new project throws the two of them together, lovestruck Nathan finally seizes his moment – only to find Arnauld, head of the animation studio, claiming exclusive rights to Brooke’s affections.

But Nathan, it turns out, is not giving up on his dreams so easily. With inspired determination, he sets out to be the super hero of wooing his girl. Threatened by his persistence, Arnauld plays dirty – only to spark an uprising at the studio that unleashes the sort of havoc only a building full of frustrated animators can create. While Nathan pulls out all the stops to win his B-girl, Brooke has to choose. Should she pursue the sparkling career that has taken her years to build…or follow her heart?




4 "You animate me" stars


Nathan is in love with Brooke, since the first time he laid his eyes on her. But Brooke seems like a pipe dream. He's an animator and she's the Director of Development at their animation studio. He's a geeky guy with glasses, shy and he can't fathom the beautiful and dynamic girl of his dreams ever being interested in him.


That's how Nathan creates his own comic book, B-Girl, a heroine inspired by Brooke. One day they get to meet and that's the push he needed to start bringing to her office her favorite coffee, with a little surprise on a daily basis. A new project brings them close and they form a friendship. Nathan gets his hopes up, but there's also another problem. Brooke has an open relationship with Arnauld, the head of the animation studio.

I will do whatever it takes until my dreamy, cartoon-loving, Red Hot in yoga pants knows without a doubt that I’m the best man for her.


Nathan is the exact opposite of confident, charming Arnauld, but maybe that's not so bad, especially considering that Arnauld has also flaws in his personality. However, Brooke is a woman who loves her career and has been dating Arnauld for a few years now. Would she risk everything for Nathan? And what would happen if she found out about B-Girl? Would she be freaked out that he had a crush on her way before they met?


B-Girl is the physical manifestation of my love and admiration for her. I think Brooke also understands by now that with her strength, kind heart and goodness she’ll always be a super hero to me.



That was such a cute read!! Nathan is not the ordinary alpha, sexy man we love to read. But I can't hide the fact that I love this kind of male characters once in a while. This story was so unique and different that it was refreshing.

I loved the coffee cups and the drawings (♥), the sketchbook (♥) and how shy and insecure he was and on the other hand, the confident, sexy heroine. Such a pair!


It was so adorable how much he loved her and had a crush on her and she just seemed so out of reach and impossible to ever dream that she would be interested in someone like him. On the other hand, she was trying to work on his confidence and to make him seem that he was so much more than he thought.

I swooned and awed many times and I just thought that it was a really adorable read. I'm amazed that not many have read this one, because I had a great time reading it. But it could be that I'm also into this kind of heroes :)


I love her passionately, with all my super powers.
I love her tenderly, still mindful of her fragile heart.
I love her completely, until she understands the majestic way she has filled me, heart and soul.


So, if you like geeky heroes, light, fun, sweet & sexy reads, this book is one that you should definitely read.

PS: I don't understand the difference between Arnauld & Arnold.. I pronounce it the same, so maybe that's just me. I just didn't figure the reason his normal name was a reason for laughter.

Book was loaned by the very sweet Jeanne! Thank you so much!! <33 

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις