How The Wolf Lost Her Heart by Sarah Brownlee






Set against the backdrop of a dystopian London where thugs and criminals run rife, Skye Archer possesses a rare gift, the ability to transform into her spirit animal at will. Widely regarding her morphing ability as a curse, Skye's aim is to keep it a secret at all costs. But one day she meets the intriguing and affluent, Raphael Renzo, who soon proves to have a secret of his own, one that could heal the downtrodden city and affect Skye in ways she never thought possible...

This debut novel from author, Sarah Brownlee, is a compelling and gripping read, taking the reader into a world where both the heart of a city and the heart of a girl are simultaneously pierced by one man. 


Copy provided by author in an exchange for an honest review :) 

4 stars 

It's been a while since I've read a YA to be honest, but I enjoyed it so much, that I didn't even notice what type of book it was until I finished it!

I want to thank Sarah for giving me the opportunity to read her book & I want to advise people who like reading YA dystopian novels to give her novel a try, because it's definitely worth it. :)

First of all, I'd like to say that it was a nice, sweet and quite entertaining read! I liked reading about a dystopian England, it was a nice & pleasant change. 

Now, back to the plot. 

We are set two centuries ahead in time (around 2217 if I'm not mistaken..), where London suffers from an army of thugs, who attack people on a frequent basis and no one can do anything about it. Skye is a young girl who is a Morpher, which means that she has the ability to transform in her inner spirit animal, a white wolf. One day she meets Raphael, another Morpher, whose spirit animal is a tiger. Skye tries to keep her ability hidden, while Raphael's is known amongst the society. Raphael comes from an important family, while Skye is just a normal citizen. Raphael is trying to convince Skye to become friends, but she doesn't make it so easy for him.. 

I don't really want to say more, but I truly enjoyed this novel. I liked how their friendship slowly built, I liked the fact that there were small chronical spaces between the chapters. I like watching progress and not insta love. So I'm thankful for that! 

I loved both MCs , even though I have to admit that there were moments that I could slap Skye in the face. I like her, all right, I do. But I think that she wasn't doing a great job being a friend. Not only to Raphael, but to Daphne as well. Daphne, the twins and other side characters were people I really enjoyed reading about. I loved how I got to know a little bit of their personalities, even if they weren't the main protagonists.
I am really curious now to see how the story is going to develop on the next instalment. I can sense already that it's going to be a lovely adventure & I'm looking forward to it :)


Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις