Praying for Rain by B.B. Easton **Review**






 “None of this matters, and we’re all going to die.”

With only three days left until the predicted apocalypse, the small town of Franklin Springs, Georgia, has become a wasteland of abandoned cars, abandoned homes, abandoned businesses, and abandoned people. People like Rainbow Williams. 

Rain isn’t afraid of dying. In fact, she’s looking forward to it. If she can just outrun her pain until April 23, she’ll never have to feel it at all. 

Wes Parker has survived every horrible thing this life has thrown at him with nothing more than his resourcefulness and disarming good looks. Why should the end of the world be any different? All he needs are some basic supplies, shelter, and a sucker willing to help him out, which is exactly what he finds when he returns to his hometown of Franklin Springs.

As society crumbles, dangers mount, and secrets refuse to stay buried, two lost souls are thrust together in a twist of fate—one who will do anything to survive and one who can’t wait to die. 

Perhaps, together, they can learn how to live.

Before their time runs out. 



My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rain was a different kind of girl before the countdown of the apocalypse. Her whole world is getting turned upside down and she's trying to deal with it as best as she can. Wes is on a mission and doesn't want to stray from it, until he meets Rain and his plans will be derailed.


"I’ve finally found what I’ve been missing my whole life, and if I keep it, it will kill me."


I usually avoid reading post-apocalyptic books, but when B.B had announced this romance I was sold!! I really enjoyed the story, even though there were some scenes that irritated me, but this is actually not the author’s or the book’s fault, but strictly mine. Like I mentioned I don’t do well with the genre, so I had to expect some moments that would make me feel uncomfortable and true to its genre, they did. But if you don’t mind some graphic scenes or generally things that you would expect to read on a post- apocalyptic topic, then you’re good to go!

It was very intriguing, I enjoyed the characters, the plot, the dialogues and the inner turmoil of them. As the strictly first fictional story of this author, I think she did well and I can’t wait to read the next part of this new series 😊


Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις