Buzz by Karli Perrin **Review**





Womanizer. 
Casanova. 
Heartbreaker. 
Skirt-chaser. 
And my personal favourite, Mr Steal Your Girl. 
I've been called them all. 
But still, the women keep on coming. 
And coming. 
Hundreds of women slide into my DM’s and I slide into their…well, I think you can see where I'm going with this. 
Men want to be me and women want to bed me. 
Despite what the bunny boilers of San Francisco call me, I go by the name of Buzz. 
I'm 6’4” and the proud owner of a six-pack, beard and too many tattoos to count. 
I’m a walking wet dream. 
For the longest time, I didn’t believe in love. I didn’t even believe in relationships. I couldn’t understand why anybody would willingly choose to have sex with only one person. 
Until I met Lori. 
She turned my entire world upside down and made me feel things which I didn’t even know I was capable of. But when I couldn’t deal with her career as a honey trapper, I lost her. 
But now I want her back. 
And I always get what I want. 
It’s lucky that I found her again. 
It’s unlucky that she has a new boyfriend. 
Unlucky for him. 

***Although Buzz can be read as a standalone, it is advised to read The Honey Trap first as it provides some background to Buzz and Lori's story. The Honey Trap is currently free in Kindle Unlimited.*** 

A Second Chance Romance. 




My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is such a hard review to write. I postponed it for a very long time, because I had such a bitter taste on my mouth when I was done with this and I wanted to see if this would remain. I struggled so hard while reading this and it actually hurt me, because I have loved this author's books before and sadly this was the only exception that I didn't. I loved Buzz as a character since I read The Honey Trap last year and I couldn't wait for his book, so it was such a big sorrow when his book was released and I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.

I'll start with my issues with this one, without spoiling anything, but I honestly felt lucky for reading The Honey Trap beforehand because it also helped my reading with this one. What do I mean? People who hadn't read that book, may had some difficulties due to the jumping scenes at the beginning of the book. For someone who hadn't met these characters beforehand and didn't know how they met and started their 'relationship' this would appear to be an insta love with time laps that made no sense. I have to say that I needed more of their beginning as a couple, as well. I do understand why this happened though, because the main subject of the book wasn't to read a slow burn romance, but a sort of second chance romance.

Coming to my other issues, were the heroine's behavior. I honestly feared that Buzz would be the one that would piss me off, but alas it was Lori. I want to say so much about what bothered me, but I can't without spoiling, so I'll just say I didn't approve of her actions and didn't even care to see them together at some point, because she was just.. ugh.

Overall, there were definitely some scenes that I enjoyed, like when they had some scenes with their common friends, some bookish scenes and honourable mentions I appreciated and Buzz remains a favorite character. Maybe this book was a bust for me, but Karli writes great stories and I can't wait to read her next book :)

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις