House of Snakes by Jennifer L. Kelly **ARC Review**




 Persephone is dying and Vic will do everything in her power to save her mother from the poison that seeps through her immortal veins. Even if it means losing the person she hopes to become.

Desperate to save his wife, Hades sends his daughter to the Above World to reap the souls of the living. What he does not count on is that she will meet a boy who could possibly be the unraveling of the Olympians.

Callum Bishop is new to Olympia—just trying to make it through senior year—when he meets the enigmatic Victoriana Haden. Soon he finds himself learning of the world embedded within his own and the secrets that it holds which could rock the mortal world to its core. 


5 STARS

Victoriana is the daughter of Hades and Persephone and she's on a mission to save her mother from an unknown disease that has consumed her and even though she's immortal, she's slowly dying. Her mission initially is to reap the souls of the living, but then she meets Callum and everything's changing.

Callum has recently moved to Olympia and there he meets Vic. He finds himself in a very peculiar situation and his whole world is going to change after important revelations.


Each Taking changed her, took something of hers along with it.



I've finished reading House of Snakes 2 weeks ago and I needed some time to sort my thoughts on an order. I loved it so much that I wanted to put 5 stars right away, but I also wanted to be fair, so I decided to wait on it. But even 2 weeks later, I feel the same. I really enjoyed this story and I'm a sucker for greek mythology stories, so as soon as I heard about my favorite couple (Hades - Persephone) I was like...



Some called him Devil or Demon. Those in her english class would recognize him as Hades.
To Asher he was Boss.
To Vic he was simply Dad.


To be honest, I'm also a sucker on antiheroes and bad boys, so as soon asI met Asher, I fell immediately in love. Just my luck that Callum is the main hero of this book, but man, I could feel their chemistry with Vic and I just felt for them. #TeamAsher


Overall, this was my first book by Jennifer and I honestly admired her writing style, her talent with words, her riddles, the description of the places, the scents, it made the scenery so vivid that I thought I was truly there. I thought the concept was really smart and unique and the mix between mythology and modern life, was very well done. I can't wait to read the next installment of this series and generally I am intrigued to read more by the author. Definitely recommend this one, especially to fans of greek mythology.

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις