Moti on the Water by Leylah Attar **ARC REVIEW**



A Greek family. An Indian family. A summer wedding on the Aegean coast…

Meet Moti Ferreira—spectacularly jinxed from the day she’s born.

Saddled with an eccentric mother, she stumbles upon the one man who holds the key to her freedom—the best man at her cousin’s upcoming wedding.

All Moti has to do is overcome her fear of water, board a yacht to the Greek Isles, seduce the dreamy Nikos Manolas, and survive two weeks at sea with her oddball family.

The only obstacle Moti doesn’t see coming is Alexandros Veronis, the onboard chef and star witness to her awkward mishaps. He transforms onions into chocolate and aroma into nostalgia. Day by day, his alchemy works its magic on Moti. But she’s not the only one falling under his spell. Everyone has a secret, growing round and ripe at Chef Alex’s table. When the masks fall off, they spill out one by one, and everything blows up in their faces.

Now Moti’s truth is exposed, and worse, she’s hooked on more than Alex's midnight snacks. But this time, screwing up could be the best thing she’s ever done


5 "PERFECT SUMMER READ" STARS

Moti has been haunted by a prophecy since the day she was born. According to this, her soulmate has three thumbs, she will meet him by the water and if she marries to anyone else, her mother will die within seven days. Being raised with this hanging over her neck and the pressure of her mother, when she meets Nikos on her cousin’s wedding party, who fulfils the requirements, makes it her mission to win his heart, within the two weeks that they will spend on the yacht.


"I wasn't afraid of dying. I was afraid of dying without living. "


Last year I read Mists of Serengeti and oh boy it became immediately one of my most favorite 2018 reads! When I heard about this new upcoming book by this author, combined with Greek elements, which is my country, I didn’t even need a second to ponder this or think about it. I said yes to the dress, or in this case, I said yes to the book. And guess what? It’s definitely my favorite read for this summer and I bet your sweet ass that it’s going to be on my top 2019 books! I cannot recommend it enough, especially if you love summer books. The main plot takes place on a yacht in Greece, that goes from island to island and the description of these places, the food, the people and the scents will make you fall in love and want to book the next ticket to a Greek island 😊 I know that’s how I felt and I live in this country, I eat this food and I am one of this people lol.



I really loved this biracial romance that has Indian and Greek elements. I’m a fan of books where I learn a lot about other cultures, words and I’m fascinated with the Indian culture. I’ve read a few books about them, so I already knew a few things already, which made them seem familiar and I felt giddy with this already acquired knowledge. But also, I loved the things that surprised me around the end of the book, things that I never saw coming and I always appreciate the element of surprise, the plot twist and all that you don’t see coming. Do yourself a favor and read this book, especially during summer. It’s just a light, funny, swoon worthy book and it’s worth of your money and your time 😊

ARC(F)BR with Shhluts on Shh…Thank you for the chance to review this copy <3 br="">


View all my reviews

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις