This Man (This Man, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas **Review**




Welcome to the sensual world of This Man...

Young interior designer Ava O'Shea has no idea what awaits her at the Manor. A run-of-the-mill consultation with a stodgy country gent seems likely, but what Ava finds instead is Jesse Ward - a devastatingly handsome, utterly confident, pleasure-seeking playboy who knows no boundaries.

Ava doesn't want to be attracted to this man, and yet she can't control the overwhelming desire he stirs in her. She knows that her heart will never survive him and her instinct is telling her to run, but Jesse is not willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her.

Includes a brand-new bonus scene from Jesse's perspective.





My rating: 2 of 5 stars

What did I think? Where to start with this one...

So I'm in the minority with this one. I thought I would love it, but I was wary, because I hadn't read erotica in a long while. To be honest, I didn't mind the too many sex scenes. They were hot and a relief. Oh yes, a relief, because whenever they weren't fudging they WERE.GETTING.ON.MY.NERVES.


Jesse may be a hot piece of man, but he was so toxic on so many levels and I'm not a prude. I love dark romance and stalkers etc. I know to seperate fiction from real life and all that jazz, but he was a bit too much. Too much possessive, too much stalker, too much jealous and oh my goodness, all that WATCH YOUR MOUTH , while he swore like a sailor?? Ahhhhh nope! And let's not start with all the secrecy and mystery and not replying sh*t whenever she had a question either about his age, his scar or other questions. No, he didn't want to reply, but he did have to know everything about her and CONTROL THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF HER.


And let's talk about Ava. She was so frustrating with all the hot and cold attitude and one minute yes I want you and the next, no stay away. Plus she would try to stand her foot, but he would fudge her and he would "put some sense into her" so she would do as he pleased in the end or she would do whatever she wanted and she would get 'reprimanded' about doing that. And her issue was that he wouldn't profess his feelings for her, when she couldn't either. Like seriously, girl?


Overall, I have many questions that were not answered and this was a book of 456 pages. I'm not going to submit myself into a torture of two more books of their back and forth 'relationship'. I'm sure it may get better, but it's not worth it. I'll solve my questions from people who have read the next books or I'll read spoilers. Maybe if I had read them long time ago, I would have enjoyed them more, but now I didn't. #sorrynotsorry

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις